15 Unique Resumes
You know how it is. You see resume after resume, paper after paper, and they all start running together. Some people are desperate for a job, and they'll do anything to stand out -- whether on purpose or accident.
1. First is someone who didn't label their resume with the usual, like your name. Instead, they went with a bunch of numbers. When they attached the file to send to a potential employer, they selected the file with the numbers. It turned out to be the wrong file; instead of their resume, it was this picture of Nicholas Cage.
We would've scheduled the interview.
2. We can't talk about this one. We'll just copy and paste it for you. [sic] throughout.
"I've run with the bulls and tangoed with the queen. I am a prince without a princess and an angel in disguise. I spread smiles to creatures great and small. I once swan the Pacific Ocean to test my endurance and ability, it took me five days. I charm crocodiles, iguanas and bees have known me. I've scaled the Empire State building, hiked the Appalachian Mountains and mapped the Sahara Desert. I spend my spare time constructing suspension bridges in my back yard using only paper clips, some ribbon and bubblegum. Later I disassemble them with my teeth. Children love me, elders adore me, and I have no enemies. I once solved the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I am a skydiver; thrill seeker and the captain of m underwater bowling team. I am famous for making lions laugh. I enjoy providing quality service and keeping people and their environment in harmony
BUT HAVE YET TO WORK FOR YOU."
Yeah, we would interview this one, too.
3. How about this resume done as a candy bar?
4. Of course, we have to mention this graphic artist's fabulous resume/side-scrolling video game. Click here to play/look.
5. We read about one man looking to get employment, but in such a competitive market, how do you stand out from the crowd? He decided to dress as a deliveryman and hand deliver boxes of doughnuts to human resource managers. Attached to the inside of the lid was his resume.
6. Did you hear one guy actually paid for a billboard? He graduated school and was facing deportation if he didn't start working. He paid for a billboard to advertise his dilemma and found himself with a job.
7. One creative applicant assembled his resume as play, with headers title Act I, Act II, etc.
8. One candidate sent in an amazing resume, but accidentally printed it on the backside of a letter to a rival company. The company quickly scheduled the interview and hired him, not wanting someone that good to go to their competition.
9. If you follow us on social media, you know we love puns. This applicant would definitely have gotten a call. "I have an excellent track record, although I am not a horse.”
10. We also value honesty, so this is one that would have gotten our attention. "Two years as a blackjack and baccarat dealer. Strong emphasis on customer relations – a constant challenge considering how much money people lose and how angry they can get.”
11. Honesty and humor? Where can we call this one? “Fluent in English. Also I have been heard muttering Gibberish in my sleep.”
12. One guy highlighted words throughout the resume to create a hidden message about how great he is.
13. A very creative young woman informed the hiring manager her resume was written so that it could be sung to the tune of The Brady Bunch. We want to see a copy and try it.
14. A resume didn't include the candidate's name. The hiring manager was polite enough to call and ask for it. By the end of the call, the candidate had an interview that led to a job.
15. Our last candidate wrote the entire cover letter and resume in rhyme. How much work that must have taken! This is another one we would definitely interview.
What is the most memorable resume you've received? Have you ever turned one in yourself? Let us know in the comments below!