Songs to Keep You Going
Here at On Time Capital, we always have music going while we work. Music has been shown to change moods and even boost energy. This is why we created a playlist of positive songs to keep you going throughout the workweek. In no particular order:
1. Keep on Keeping On - Travie McCoy, featuring Brendon Urie. Hip hop meets Panic! at the Disco. The chorus says it all, "You gotta keep on keeping on. Even if you're feeling like you're gonna keep losing, you gotta come back strong."
2. Whatever it Takes - Imagine Dragons. They have a couple of songs on this list, and for good reason. "I was born to run, I was born for this. Whip, whip, run me like a racehorse, pull me like a ripcord, break me down and build me up ... I do whatever it takes, cause I love how it feels when I break the chains. Whatever it takes, yeah, take me to the top, I'm ready for whatever it takes."
3. We Made It - Busta Rhymes and Linkin Park. RIP, Chester. Even though you're gone, these words still live on. "Together we made it. We made it even though we had our backs up against the wall. Forever we waited, and they told us we were never going to get it but we took it on the road." Please be advised that the link is to a clean version.
4. Champion - Fall Out Boy. Off their brand new album, this and other songs seem to suggest they've dropped their emo ways and are coming out with positive, empowering songs. The chorus is one simple line, "If I can live through this, I can do anything."
5. Happy - Pharrell Williams. There's a reason this song broke records, including most downloaded of all time. The title says it all.
6. Thunder - Imagine Dragons. As promised, here's another Imagine Dragons song. A song about being underestimated, only to come out on top."Who do you think you are, dreaming about being a big star?"he was asked. He responds with, "Now I'm smiling from the stage while you were clapping from the nosebleeds."
7. Umbrella - Rhianna. About the power of a good friend, the song speaks for itself. "Go on and let the rain pour, I'll be all you need and more. When the suns shines, we'll shine together. Told you I'll be here forever. Said I'll always be your friend; took an oath, Imma stick out 'til the end. Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other. You can stand under my umbrella."
8. Everything is Awesome - Tegan and Sara, featuring The Lonely Island. Sure, it's from a kid's movie but it's hard not to get pumped when you hear it. As one of the characters says, "Man, I could sing this song for hours!"
9. Try Everything - Shakira. From another kid's movie, this song is about admitting your mistakes but refusing to let them hold you back. "I messed up tonight. I lost another fight... I keep falling down... but I always get up now to see what's next... I won't give up, no, I won't give in 'til I reach the end then I'll start again."
10. Believer - Imagine Dragons. This will be the last song we list by them, promise! No list would be complete without this song, which is about using the criticism of others as fuel to further yourself and achieve things they said wasn't possible. "Don't you tell me what you think that I can be. I'm the one at the sail; I'm the master of my sea."
We're here to improve your life. You're welcome to contact us. Request a free, no obligation quote or call (469) 651-1200.