More Songs to Keep You Going
While our series on Fascinating Places to Eat was enjoyed, we received a surprising amount of feedback on our positive songs playlist. We kept track of every entry and sifted through them. We have more than enough for another post, so if you want another one, let us know!
Back by demand, here are more songs that put us in a great mood and boost our energy. It turns out there a lot of great songs out there. Maybe we should theme the next one?
1. Don't Stop Believing - Journey. We probably don't need to describe this classic. If you don't know it, listen to it. You're welcome. Despite its age, it's still one of the most downloaded songs of all time. (Did you see the skit Jimmy Fallon and Will Ferrel did of it? So funny!)
2. Satellite - Rise Against. We love a song with a driving beat! This one reminds us that no matter what has happened, "We [still] have the rest of our lives."
3. I'll Make a Man Out of You - Mulan. We've yet to find someone who doesn't get psyched when they hear this song, even if it is from a children's movie. Disney has a way of making songs enjoyable for people of all ages, and this one is no exception. Try playing it at a geek convention and see what happens.
3. Dog Days are Over - Florence + The Machine. A great song with a great beat, this one is about someone who is so used to being unhappy, she doesn't trust happiness when it arrives. Celebrate! The bad times are gone, and the good times are meant to be enjoyed.
5. 2 Legit 2 Quit - MC Hammer. "I don't quit, no! I just press harder than I ever did before." Bonus points if you do the hand gestures while you listen to it. (We do)
6. Never Gonna Wake You Up - Mashup by NilsOfficial. Songs by Avicii (Wake Me Up), Chumbawumba (Tubthumping), and Rick Astley (Never Gonna Give You Up). It starts getting good at about 0:45. The video gets interesting at 1:32 with clips from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Scrubs, Saturday Night fever, and more. Sadly, it's not available on Spotify, so if you listen to our playlist, you'll notice it isn't there.
7. Hall of Fame - The Script featuring will.i.am. An inspiring song and video, reminding us that no matter our handicaps or our backgrounds, no matter what we aspire to be or do with our lives, "Dedicate yourself and you could find yourself standing in the hall of fame."
8. The Fighter - Gym Class Heroes featuring Ryan Tedder of One Republic. We can't even post a single quote without it ending up being the entire song. Note that this link is to the clean version.
9. We Will Rock You - Queen. Stompstomp CLAP. We feel psyched just thinking about the opening. Another classic song that, despite its age, is still enjoyed today.
10. We are the Champions - Queen. It's hard to listen to We Will Rock You and not follow it up with this classic companion. Although slower than We Will Rock You, it's still a positive song that has us singing along every time.
Are there any we missed? What song is your go-to? Let us know!